CHICAGO, Jan. 14, 2021 – Baird, an employee-owned, international wealth management, asset management, investment banking/capital markets and private equity firm, today announced that its Global Investment Banking business achieved its second-highest year of revenues in 2020. Highlights for the year include:
- Maintaining an external focus on client needs through a period of uncertainty, resulting in a record 211 advisory and financing transactions globally, with increases in number of buy-side M&A transactions, number of equity financing transactions and amount of equity capital raised;
- Enhancing and deepening coverage in industry sub-sectors, geographies and product areas around the world;
- Expanding market share with the global private equity community – nearly one-third of Baird’s 2020 transactions included “first-time” private equity clients;
- Ending the year with the business’ best quarter performance ever (Q4 2020) and the best single month performance ever (December 2020); and
- Starting 2021 with a record level of engagements – 30% higher than the previous record level.
“It goes without saying that 2020 was a completely unprecedented year,” said Brian McDonagh, Co-Head of Baird’s Global Investment Banking business. “We take enormous pride in the way our entire global team of bankers and support staff stuck together during the most difficult times and stayed focused on taking care of our clients and each other. That teamwork, support and dedication to our clients is the reason we are able to celebrate these tremendous accomplishments despite such a challenging year.”
Brian Doyal, Co-Head of Baird’s Global Investment Banking business, added, “We vowed as a team to support our clients through the depths of the market instability in the spring and early summer. When the market eventually rebounded, the entire Global Investment Banking team rose to the occasion and ultimately generated an incredible financial result and the best possible outcomes for our clients – a true testament to the excellence, hard work and dedication of the entire team.”
About Baird Global Investment Banking
Baird is a leading global investment bank focused on the middle market with approximately 400 banking professionals in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We provide corporations, entrepreneurs, private equity and venture capital firms with in-depth market knowledge and extensive experience in merger and acquisition, debt advisory and equity financing transactions. Since 2015, Baird has completed almost 580 advisory transactions, representing more than $167 billion in transaction value, and nearly 360 financings, raising more than $112 billion. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 13 on FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 – its 17th consecutive year on the list.
Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, asset management, investment banking/capital markets, and private equity firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has approximately 4,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients. Baird has more than $305 billion in client assets as of June 30, 2020. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 13 on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list in 2020 – its 17h consecutive year on the list. Baird is the marketing name of Baird Financial Group. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s website at www.rwbaird.com.
For additional information, contact:
Baird Public Relations