Founded in 1919, Baird is an independent and employee-owned international financial services firm with more than $375 billion in client assets.1 With offices in Europe, the United States and Asia, Baird provides investment banking, private equity and equity research services to institutions and corporations around the world.
What we call "The Baird Way" is the foundation of our core beliefs and our inspiration to provide the best advice and service for our clients while being the best place to work for our associates. It represents the responsibility that comes from knowing our business is about improving lives and futures – for our clients, our communities and each other.
- Record Revenues – Baird’s 2022 net revenues were $2.79 billion.2
- Commitment to Quality – In 2022, institutional fund managers ranked Baird as the No. 1 "important small-/mid-cap research advisory firm."3
- Global Reach – Baird has approximately 5,100 employees and operating resources working from more than 200 locations in Europe, the United States and Asia.
- History – Founded in 1919, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
- Ownership – Baird is employee-owned, privately held and independent. Seventy percent of our employees own Baird stock.
- Steven G. Booth, Chairman, President & CEO
- Andrew Ferguson, Partner, Baird Capital – U.K. Private Equity
- Thomas Fetzer, Managing Director, Global Investment Banking – Frankfurt
- Steve Holt, Managing Director, Head of Institutional Equity Sales
- Nick Sealy, Managing Director, Global Investment Banking – London
- Patrick Spencer, Managing Director, Vice Chairman of Equities
Global Structure and Success
Baird’s complementary businesses help diversify and balance revenue through all types of market conditions and have enabled us to achieve great outcomes for our clients.
Baird Capital makes growth equity and private equity investments in lower middle-market companies in Europe, the United States and Asia. Baird Capital has raised and managed more than $4 billion in capital since inception.
- Forty investment and operating professionals in Europe, the United States and Asia.
- An active portfolio of $1.9 billion in combined revenue and more than 15,000 employees globally.
Global Investment Banking
Baird’s Global Investment Banking group provides comprehensive mergers and acquisitions and debt advisory services to middle-market companies.
- An integrated global team of approximately 400 banking professionals advises M&A, equity and debt advisory transactions.
- Strong emphasis in the Industrial, Consumer, Healthcare, and Technology & Services sectors.
Institutional Equities & Research
Baird’s Institutional Equities & Research team delivers expertise in research, sales and trading to domestic and international institutions.
- More than 710 companies under research coverage.
- Baird makes a market in 4,100 securities and trades across approximately 50 markets globally.
- As part of its leading corporate access services, Baird arranged more than 20,000 company-investor connections in 2022.
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated. Please visit our website at bairdeurope.com for important information.
Baird’s team continues to earn international acclaim from the media and esteemed industry sources.
- Baird's equity research analysts have been recognised among the TipRanks Top 25 Wall Street Analysts of the Decadeand the StarMine Analyst Awards, 2020.
- Baird was named a finalist for European Corporate Finance House of the Year at the 2021 Private Equity Awards, one of the leading private equity-focused awards in Europe.
- Since 2004, Baird has been recognised annually as one of the Fortune100 Best Companies to Work For®. We ranked No. 27 in 2022 – our 19th consecutive year on the list.
- Baird scored 100% on the Human Rights Campaign's 2022 Corporate Equality Index, earning recognition as a best place to work for LGBTQ equality.
“Baird” is the marketing name for Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. Robert W. Baird Limited (RWBL) and Baird Capital Partners Europe Limited (BCPE) are authorized and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (registered numbers are 124308 and 150154, respectively). RWBL and BCPE have approved this information for distribution in the UK and Europe.
1 Assets as of 31 December 2022.
2 Financial results do not reflect the consolidation of certain private equity partnerships.
3 Coalition Greenwich 2022 surveys of North American Equity Investors. Surveys conducted with 94 small-cap and mid-cap fund managers, 241 generalist portfolio managers and 241 traders. Rankings for qualitative metrics based on leading research firms in surveys.